Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pushing the Limits by Kate McGarry

Hi everybody :D
This is my second review today. Yap, two in one day XD
I just felt like there's not enough content to read in my blog :P

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)

Book Name: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Year Published: 2012
Format Read: Kindle
Rating:

My selected theme song:
(Please listen while reading the review... ^_^)



Summary:
This book tells the story of two high school seniors: Echo and Noah.
Both their lives aren't easy. Echo's schizophrenic mother has tried to kill her a few years ago. Echo can't remember anything from that night. Echo's arms are badly scarred and that is why everybody in her school thinks she is a psychic self-cutter, so from the most popular girl at school she turns into a weirdo.
Noah's parents have died in a fire accident at their house, that Noah is blaming himself for. His two younger brothers were taken to foster care. Because of his bad experiences with his foster families, Noah is determined to find a way to get custody of his brothers.
Noah and Echo meet and fall in love, but they have to face plenty of difficulties to make their relationship work out.
My Review:
Wow. What a love story!
This book was like nothing I've ever read before. It has so many qualities, so many emotions. Simply a must read.
I'll start with the characters. I really LOVED both the main characters.
Echo was a character I could definitely identify with. She was a teenager whose life was spinning around her. She was very insecure and thought that she was losing her mind. But she wasn't. She was actually dealing with these extremely hard situations very well. She was a very strong and inspiring girl. I think that she is a great role model because she proves that nobody is perfect and that when your life is getting tough, things will eventually get better.
Noah was the best male character I've ever read about! I wish he was my boyfriend, or even my older brother. He seems and acts like a bad guy, but underneath his though surface, lies a very soft heart and a very deep soul. He is ready to do anything for the ones he love, and isn't judging people by the outside - he never turned his back on Echo, even when she was having a really hard time.
The plot was also great. It was different and special, mostly because it dealt with very deep subjects - mental disorders and the death of family members.
I loved to read about the character's way of dealing with problems from both points of view. It was really interesting to read about two completely different people, each one with his own thoughts and feelings, having such a great chemistry between each other.
I liked the way I could experience and sense the character's deeds and feelings, thanks to the great writing that actually sucked me into the book.
Bottom line: It was a very special read that I will remember for a long time.
Recommend To: Anyone and everyone.
SAPIR

No comments:

Post a Comment